Micro Wedding Photography in Nottingham
Micro wedding photography in Nottingham (hourly wedding photography) is an option I have been offering to couples getting married for just over a year.This is becoming more popular since the Covid 19 pandemic steering couples to change their plans to a micro wedding during lockdown restrictions. Since the Covid-19 pandemic, many couples have had to postpone their wedding to accommodate the guests they wish to attend or chosen have to bite the bullet and tie the knot with immediate family and a few friends following Government guidelines.
Full day coverage is still the most popular coverage I offer and for many couples it’s a no brainer they will want a photographer covering the whole wedding day.
However, some couples, and for varying reasons, only need a few a few hours coverage.
Full day -v- short day hourly wedding photography coverage
When I first started photographing weddings, the options I offered were bridal preparations up to the speeches or all day coverage covering bridal preparations up to the first dance. I then removed the smaller coverage option and only offered all day coverage for a good number of years. My reason for this was that I felt I was missing out capturing the full story of a couple’s wedding day. Whilst I still believe it’s important to be able to provide a collection of photos from start to finish, I have found that the option to personalise my photography packages is working for both couples and myself.
At the beginning of 2019, I started to notice an increase in the number of small and intimate weddings I was being asked to photograph. I started to ad-hoc a little with my packages by providing couples with the photography coverage they were seeking. Initially, I was worried by offering a smaller hourly wedding photography package, I would miss out on potential earnings for full day coverage. I have also found most short day requests are for weddings taking place within the next 6 months. As of the date of this post, I’m only taking bookings for shorter coverage if it’s a late booking or mid-week wedding. However, please feel free to get in touch and let me know the details of your wedding and I will let you know if I can accommodate it.
Micro wedding photography for ceremony and elopements
My package options now include the option for a micro wedding photography package available from 2 hours. My current price is £495.00 for 2 hours and you can add additional hours on to this for £150.00 per hour. (Note: Please check out my ‘micro weddings’ on my pricing page in case of any changes or request a brochure.)
Below is a guide to what 2 hours photography would get you if you are having civil ceremony, say, in Nottingham.
- Arrival at the venue 30 minutes prior to ceremony.
- 30 minute ceremony
- 1 hour of photos afterwards. This could be for couple portraits and/or candid photography of wedding guests.
As mentioned, you can of course add additional hours to this. You tell me what you want covering and I will work to this and advise where necessary.
Who would micro wedding photography be suitable for?
There are no rules or criteria as to who books shorter coverage wedding photography but it may be suitable for:
- Couples eloping.
- Low-key weddings.
- Older couples who don’t want the fuss of all day coverage.
- Couples marrying for their second time.
- Couples having a small amount of guests. (My smallest wedding had 5 in attendance, including the couple, and it was amazing!)
- Couples having no reception afterwards.
- Couples on a budget who place an importance on quality over quantity. i.e. a smaller collection of beautiful photos is more valuable to them than hiring an inexperienced photographer offering all day coverage with not-so-good photos.
- Couple who decided at the last minute to book a wedding photographer.
- Couples who simply don’t need or want a wedding photographer for the full day, for whatever reason.
- Finally, couples who are adapting their wedding plans to meet Government guidelines for Covid-19.
If you would like to have a chat about your wedding day or request a wedding brochure, please get in touch.
(Note: Updated 28th August 2020 to add reference to Covid-19)